..And not one of them are academic.
- TAKE EAR PLUGS, if you have a lecture at 8am and your flatmates are knee deep into a game of ring of fire, you’ll need them.
- Don’t bring washing up liquid, we currently have 8 full bottles in our kitchen.
- Join any societies that interest you as it’s such a good way of making friends. I joined the musical theatre society and I’m currently rehearsing for my favourite musical ever, Spring Awakening.
- Pre-drinking is your best friend. Get some Glen’s vodka down your neck and be on your way.
- Pasta, beans, and cheese is an insane combination.
- Be prepared and take a few fancy dress costumes, they’ll always come in handy!
- The overdraft will be used. (I was convinced I wouldn’t touch it.) But it’s there to be used, just don’t be stupid and start ordering 300 Kylie Lip Kits when you should be buying books.
- Buy plastic knives and forks if you’re lazy. I’ve probably washed up 5 times.
- Texts from SFE will make your heart skip a beat, in a great way.
- Freshers flu is real, load up with lemsip and eat your kale.
One last thing, enjoy it. This can be a scary time, I’ve certainly felt alone and worried. But if you throw yourself into it and enjoy your course- you’ll have a great time. Everyone is in the same boat so be open about your feelings and you’ll never be alone. PS, how beautiful is my Uni in the Autumn time?!